glass ionomer luting cement
with fabulous fluoride release
Riva Luting is a conventional, self curing, glass ionomer luting cement designed for final cementation of metal based restorations. It chemically bonds to metal substrates and the tooth.
Proprietary ionglassTM filler technology
Riva Luting utilises SDI’s proprietary ionglass™ filler developed by our glass technologists. ionglass™ is a radiopaque, high ion releasing, reactive glass used in SDI’s range of dental cements. Riva Luting releases substantially higher fluoride to assist with remineralization of the natural dentition.
High fluoride release
Riva Luting’s free movement of fluoride provides benefits to the tooth. Fluoride plays several significant roles in any caries - prevention program. These include the formation of fluorapatite, which is more acid resistant than hydroxyapatite. Fluorapatite is very important for tooth remineralization.
Riva Luting has low solubility in the oral environment. This increases the material’s ability to resist disintegration and wear caused by oral acidity.
Proven antimicrobial effect
Compared to other materials such as fluoride releasing resin cements, Riva Luting has proven antimicrobial activity against three cariogenic bacteria: Streptococcus mutans, Streptococcus sobrinus and Lactobacillus(2).
There will be minimal loss of working time when using Riva Luting. With adequate working time and a quick setting property, Riva Luting will shorten chair time and ensures early resistance.
High flexural strength
High flexural strength enhances longevity of a glass ionomer luting cement by withstanding mastication forces. Riva Luting’s high flexural strength increases its durability in the oral environment and long term ability to retain indirect restorations.
Very low film thickness
Riva Luting quickly flows into the preparation. A low film thickness allows the seating of tight fitting indirect restorations.
One simple colour
Riva Luting is available in a universal light yellow shade.
• Cementation of metal or porcelain fused to metal inlays, onlays and crowns
• Cementation of stainless steel crowns
• Cementation of posts and screws
• Attachment of metal orthodontic bands
* Fuji I and Ketac Cem are not the registered trademarks of SDI Limited.
** Published and SDI Test Data.
(1) McCabe JF, Al-Naimi OT. Fluoride release into water for the
Riva GIC products compared with competitor products. University
of Newcastle (UK); February 2005 .
(2) Waldo B, Zhang P, Bennett J, Michalek SM, Katz J, Broome JC. Antimicrobial Activity of Composite-Resin and Glass-Ionomer Cements. University of Alabama at Birmingham, School of Dentistry, USA.
(3) The Dental Advisor. Volume 23, No.2, March 2006