Date(s) - 27/08/2019
6:00 pm - 9:00 pm
**PLEASE NOTE: We are currently having issues processing NZ credit card payments. Please charge to account AU – 11111 and Customer Service will be in contact to take payment**
We apologise for any inconvenience caused.
Registration: 5:30pm – 6:00pm
Lecture: 6:00pm – 9:00pm (Canapes and Drinks Provided)
This course covers the current tooth whitening techniques used in dental practice, focusing on new whitening innovations for 2019.
Discussing the classification of bleaching techniques into three categories is vital, in order to assist with predicable treatment planning for the various tooth whitening programmes required to obtain successful outcomes.
The evaluation of new patients requesting bleaching will be explained along with the management of bleaching related sensitivity and further associated problems that may arise.
The question of ‘how white, is white enough’ as well as issues related to bleachorexia, the concept of why tooth whitening is the practice of dentistry and not for whitening kiosks will be addressed.
The course also elaborates on all tooth bleaching techniques and how to combine these treatments with further aesthetic dentistry.
To provide delegates with an in-depth knowledge of tooth whitening and dental bleaching to achieve successful results for their patients and practice.
By the end of the course the delegates will be able to:
1. Explain the scientific basis of bleaching, having acquired knowledge and understanding of the process
2. Identify the various dental bleaching techniques
3. Clarify the answers to patients’ questions and concerns regarding dental bleaching
4. Summarize the causes of sensitivity and patient management during treatment
5. Apply the knowledge of shade assessments for dental bleaching
6. Use the knowledge gained to implement dental bleaching photography, following the standard images required
7. Recognize the consent process and information patients require prior to undertaking tooth whitening procedures
8. Discuss strategies to manage problems associated with tooth whitening and dental bleaching
9. How to utilize the dental team with bleaching, delegate Hygienist and Therapists in taking impressions for trays, shade taking and bleaching reviews
Bookings are closed for this event.