Mercury free, fluoride releasing, silver restorative
Proprietary ionglassTM technology
Riva Silver utilises SDI’s proprietary ionglass™ filler developed by our glass technologists. ionglass™ is a radiopaque, high ion releasing, reactive glass used in SDI’s range of dental cements. Riva Silver releases substantially higher fluoride to assist with remineralisation of the natural dentition.
The light grey colour of Riva Silver requires minimal masking when used under aesthetic restorations.
Riva Silver’s condensable nature allows the operator to quickly and easily place the restoration. Riva Silver can be packed using an amalgam condenser.
Perfect for non-compliant patients
Riva Silver is the ideal restorative in situations where patient compliance and moisture control are difficult. Riva Silver is extremely easy and quick to use.
Great for core buildups
Riva Silver is an excellent material for core buildups. Its high early compressive and bond strength properties ensure favourable core buildup conditions.
High early strength
Riva Silver’s high compressive strength minimises the risk of fracture in the critical early stages after the restoration has been placed.
The addition of metal particles into the cement substantially increases radiopacity. Riva Silver is easily differentiated on radiographs from that of tooth structure allowing easy diagnosis of early lesions.
High fluoride release
Riva Silver’s free movement of fluoride provides benefits to surrounding and adjacent tooth surfaces. Fluoride is held within the glass matrix without being bound by the structure. If the level outside the matrix is lower, then fluoride ions are released.
Conversely, if the fluoride level is higher (eg. from topical fluoride) then fluoride will recharge the glass ionomer matrix. Riva Silver has the ability to be recharged with fluoride from external sources, providing long term protection against recurrent carries. Riva Silver is great for treating high caries-risk patients as part of an overall treatment plan for maximum care.
No additional mixing step
The benefits of using Riva Silver capsules are obvious. However, if using the powder / liquid system, no separate adding and mixing of alloy into the powder is required. The alloy component of Riva Silver is pre-mixed into the powder bottle.
Riva Silver is available in capsule and powder / liquid systems. The unique SDI patented capsule system completely activates to achieve a smooth and reproducible mix every time.
- Small Class I and II restorations
- Deciduous teeth restorations
- Geriatric restorations
- Intermediate restorative and base material for class I and II cavities using the sandwich technique
- Class V restorations restorations in non-aesthetic situations
- Core build ups
- Temporary fillings
- Restorations where radiopacity is desirable
- Restorative in the field using theART technique
- Temporary endodontic fillings
* Miracle Mix and Ketac Silver are not the registered trademarks of SDI Limited.
** Published and SDI Test Data.
(1) McCabe JF, Al-Naimi OT. Fluoride release of three Riva GI Products Compared with that of a competitor product. University of Newcastle (UK); July 2007
(2) Source: Al-Naimi, O.T., McCabe, J.F., Comparing the Compressive Strength of Riva Silver GIC with that of Other Competitor Products, January 2005, University of Newcastle (UK)