Biofilm + sensitivity eliminator
A STAR product containing three powerful components:
Together, these have a powerful effect to provide instantaneous relief to hypersensitivity.
Increasing bond strengths of GICs
Pre-treating tooth surfaces with Riva Star is a great way to enhance bonding of glass ionomers to dentine6.
Riva Star is essential for clinicians practising Minimally Invasive Dentistry (MID)1-3,5. It conditions dentine and may assist tooth preservation.
Two years and beyond desensitising effect
Clinical studies support the immediate effect of Riva Star and its long term effect of over two years7.
1. Knight GM, Mclntyre JM, Craig G, Zilm PS, Gully N.; Inability to form a biofilm of Streptococcus mutans on silver fluoride-and potassium iodide-treated demineralized dentin. Quintessence international (Berlin, Germany: 1985) 2009;40:155.
2. Knight GM.; The Pharmacological management of dentine to protect against plaque microorganism degradation. PhD Thesis University of Adelaide 2008.
3. Knight GM, Mclntyre JM, Craig G, Zilm PS, Gully NJ.; Differences between normal and demineralized dentine pretreated with silver fluoride and potassium iodide after an in vitro challenge by Streptococcus mutans. Australian Dental Journa l 2007;52:16-21.
4. Knight GM.; Silver Bullet. Australian Dental Journal 2010; Aesthetic update.
5. Knight GM, Mclntyre J, Craig G.; Ion uptake into demineralized dentine from glass ionomer cement following pretreatment with silver fluoride and potassium iodide. Australian Dental Journal 2006;51 :23 7 -24l.
6. Knight GM, Mclntyre JM.; The effect of silver fluoride and potassium iodide on the bond strength of auto cure glass ionomer cement to dentine. Australian Dental Journal 2006;51:42-45.
7. Craig G. G.; Clinical evaluation of a diamine silver fluoride/potassium iodide as a dentine desensitizing agent: 2-year follow up.
8. Heo J. Tompkins GR, Love RM.; Evaluation of the Antimicrobial Activity of Combined Silver Diamine Fluoride (SDF) and Potassium Iodide (KI) as an Endodontic Medicament; University of Otago, New Zealand, 2010.