The tooth remineralizing restorative
Ideal for minimally invasive dentistry
Riva Self Cure is the ideal restorative material for use in minimally invasive dentistry (MID) as it is a bioactive material which prevents caries from occurring. Natural tooth structure is preserved, so large cavities and undercuts are not necessary.
Great marginal adaptation
Riva Self Cure is the answer to long term microleakage prevention. Use it as a restorative or a base under permanent restorations. “….self-cured glass ionomer bases were more effective
in reducing microleakage in both the occlusal and proximal cavo surfaces than a flowable resin. “ (1)
Riva Self Cure does not contain resin eliminating the problem of volumetric shrinkage after curing. Sensitivity, resulting from microleakage associated with shrinkage does not occur.
BPA and HEMA Free
Riva Self Cure does not contain Bisphenol A (including it’s derivatives) or HEMA. Use this product on your patients with confidence and peace of mind.
Choice of viscosities
Riva Self Cure easily extrudes into the cavity, but for an exceptional packable, high viscosity material, use Riva Self Cure HV. You have a choice.
Bioactive proprietary ionglassTM technology
Riva Self Cure utilizes SDI’s proprietary ionglass™ filler developed by our glass technologists. ionglass™ is a radiopaque, high ion releasing, bioactive glass used in SDI’s range of glass ionomer products. Riva Self Cure releases substantially higher fluoride to assist with remineralization of the natural dentition.
- Non stress bearing Class I and II restorations
- Deciduous teeth restorations
- Geriatric restorations
- Intermediate restorative and base material for Class I and II cavities using the sandwich technique
- Cervical (Class V) restorations
- Core build ups
- Temporary fillings
- Restorative in the field using the ART technique
- Dentin replacement
(1) Duong T, Tran L, Perry R, Kugel G (2007). Microleakage testing in vitro using three different bases under composites. Special Issue of the Journal of Dental Research. Abstract #0366.
(2) McCabe JF, Al-Naimi OT. Fluoride Release into Water for the Riva GIC Products compared with Competitor Products. University of Newcastle (UK). February 2005
(3) McCabe JF, Al-Naimi OT. Fluoride Release of Two SDI Products with Two Competitor Product. University of Newcastle (UK). December 2007
^Riva Self Cure HV (High Viscosity)
* Fuji IX GP Extra, Fuji IX GP and Ketac Molar are not the registered trademarks of SDI Limited.
** Published and SDI Test Data.